When starting a business, entrepreneurs must consider countless issues such as the right business structure, the location and potential employees. However the potential of conflict with clients or colleagues is typically not considered and addressed until it is too late. Having an experienced business dispute attorney on your side in the face of conflict may, however, significantly reduce your company’s exposure to liability and ensure business continuity. Whether you are just starting your business or are a seasoned business owner, our firm can provide a high level of legal counsel to assist you with a wide range of business conflicts that typically arise.
There are a number of business disputes, both foreseen and unexpected, that require the advice of a qualified attorney. Our primary objective is to arrive at a solution that benefits all sides while avoiding the need to pursue costly litigation. Our corporate dispute attorneys have extensive experience handling the sensitive and fact-intensive negotiations process and will work tirelessly to settle your dispute without judicial intervention. If a negotiated settlement is not possible, our attorneys will use their knowledge of civil procedure, corporations and commercial code laws to vigorously advocate on your behalf in a court of law.
Corporate disputes can vary from simple breach of contract claims to multi-million dollar allegations of fraud and misconduct. Our experienced business dispute attorneys routinely handle many of the following areas of commercial disagreement:
- Contract Disputes: If you are in a disagreement with an employee, customer or colleague about a provision of a contract, our firm can help negotiate a mutual agreement to benefit both sides. Disputes commonly arise in contracts for the sale and delivery of goods, employment or partnership agreements, insurance policies, non-compete clauses or commercial leases;
- Shareholder or Partnership Disputes: Conflict between decision makers and and shareholders is not uncommon. Further, partners often face disagreement over governing policies or corporate direction. Our legal team can help resolve shareholder and partnership issues to give your company the opportunity to move forward in a positive direction;
- Disputes with Other Companies: Litigation often arises when a customer or client is dissatisfied with a company’s product or services, including disputes with suppliers, vendors or manufacturers. Working with our firm can significantly reduce your exposure to liability and help both parties maintain their corporate relationship and mutual trust;
- Government Compliance: Many companies are inevitably faced with issues related to governmental regulations.Whether you have non-complex IRS compliance concerns or are unsure of how SEC regulations affect your company, our attorneys can help you understand the statutes and adhere to state and federal corporate rules;
- Sales, Mergers or Acquisitions: Corporate restructuring can involve multiple areas of law from government compliance to shareholder liability. If your company is considering a sale, merger or acquisition, contact one of our knowledgeable corporate attorneys to discuss the proposed transaction and avoid a dispute before one arises.
Contact an Experienced and Reputable Business Dispute Attorney Today
As you navigate the facets of business ownership, our business dispute law firm can work alongside you to help avoid potential conflict or devise a workable solution once conflict occurs. For more information or to arrange for a consultation, contact our offices today.